• Jenni

Ballerina Spinner Card - Kinda Cute Digi


Today I’m sharing my first design team project for Kinda Cute digital stamps by Patricia Alvarez.

For this project, I used her ballerina digi to create this fun spinner card. I started by opening the stamp in Procreate on my iPad and duplicating the image.

Then I whited out the face and hair on one of the images and flipped it horizontally to get the back side of what would be the spinning ballerina.

I sized the images to approximately 2 1/4" x 3 1/2" and printed them onto a sheet of 80 lb. Neenah card stock. For the backside of the ballerina, I used a Micron pen to draw in a line for the hair, then I colored them in using a few Copic marker combos listed here:

outfit: V15, V17, BV17

tutu ruffles: W1, W3

tights: V01, V12

hair: E25, E27, E59

skin: E50, E51, E21

blush: R20

Once I had my images colored, I fussy cut them out and went along the edges with a tuxedo black Memento marker.

I laid the images colored side down and added double sided tape across the backs. I cut a long piece of white thread and placed it vertically down the center. Before I sandwiched the two images together, I added a little bit of Tombow Mono liquid adhesive.

From there, I took a piece of 110 lb. white card stock and made a regular A2 sized card base and left if unfolded. I also made two A2 panels using a sheet of textured purple card stock and a patterned purple cardstock.

I lined up all the pieces, including the card base, and used a scalloped oval die from Mama Elephant, to cut an opening into the front of the card.

To attach the ballerina, I started by gluing the dark purple card stock to the card base. Then I added double sided tape to the top and bottom of the oval opening and stretched the thread across at each end. I added another piece of tape on top of the thread and cut away the excess, leaving a tiny bit at the ends, which I folded over onto the tape.

I trimmed down the patterned purple card stock to 4" x 5 1/4" and layered it on top of the dark purple piece. I also cut a panel of light purple card stock to 4" x 5 1/4" and glued it inside the card base, behind the opening.

For the last step, I used a few adhesive backed pearls to embellish the front.

You can find the ballerina digi I used here:

or here:

Thank you so much for stopping by!

-Jenni :)



Oval Scalloped Frams:


Kawaii Dream paper pad:

Pastel Dreams paper pad:


Adhesive backed pearls:

4 views0 comments