Updated: Sep 6, 2019
I am so excited to say that I am part of the Encouragement Card Hop! This hop was created by Courtney Kreeber, Mary Polanco, and Jenn from Scrapbena Creations.
This is my very first time participating in a hop and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to make my first YouTube video as well. I would also like to add a disclaimer, I was super nervous this time around and I hope you'll bear with me as I hope to get better the more videos I make.
So thank you so much for stopping in, following, liking, subscribing or whatever else we all do on these websites hahaha! :)
For this card I used Hello Bluebird's adorable stamp set, Bee Happy. I stamped out my images using Gina K Jet Black Amalgam Ink onto some Neenah 110 lb. Solar White cardstock.
I then used my alcohol markers (combinations listed below) to the color my images, adding white accents with a Sakura Gelly Roll and a Uniball Signo gel pen.
Bees: Y08 Y15 Y13 Y11 R11
C09 C07 C05 C03
Honey: Y19 Y15 Y13
Strawberry Plant: 042 (Blick) YG07 G14 G05
Flower on Strawberry Plant: Blender E00 E000
Strawberries: R08 R24 R43 RV21
Flower: RV34 RV32 R11
Flower Stem: G16 G02
Once everything was colored, I used my Scan 'N Cut to cut out my images, leaving a white border.
Moving onto the main card panel, I pulled out Gallery Frame #4 and the Photo Stack die set from Hello Bluebird.
I cut out the die twice, once from white cardstock and again from a light blue cardstock. I used the blue exterior frame and the white interior frame.
For the background, which went behind the frame, I wanted a soft ink blended sky. So I chose distress oxide inks in the colors Spun Sugar, Dried Marigold, Squeezed Lemonade, and Twisted Citron.
I blended the inks onto a piece of Bristol smooth cardstock with my Amazon makeup brushes. I moved in rainbow order so that the green would represent grass at the bottom of the panel.
I used my heat tool to speed up the drying time of the blended background and then set it aside.
I took a scrap of cardstock large enough to fit the "smile" die from the Photo stack die set and used Dusty Concord distress oxide to cover the cardstock. I used my heat tool again, before running the die through the diecut machine.
Once all the elements were completed, I started to arrange them on the card panel.
As I glued the images in place, I also added some purple rhinestones. When I thought I was done, a second glance convinced me that the "smile" was too far left. To balance it, I added an additional sentiment from the stamp set.
I heat embossed "bee happy" onto black cardstock with white detail embossing powder, trimmed it down and popped it up with some Scotch foam tape.
I think this card turned out so sweet, those cute little bees make it really hard to turn out any other way.
Once again, I'd like to thank anyone who took the time to stop in here or any of my other social media sites, as well as express how awesome it was to be part of this hop!
Hopefully I'll see you at the next one!
Thanks for stopping by!