• Jenni

Simply Meant To Be

I have been creating a lot Halloween cards lately and with so many cute fall releases, I think I will continue well into the Christmas season haha! Halloween is an all year kind of thing for me, which is probably why The Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my favorite movies. When I discovered this digi on the Craftin' Desert Divas website a couple months ago, I snatched it up. Sadly, that company has since gone out of business. However, one of my favorite stamp companies, The Sassy Club, has a bunch of NBC inspired stamps too (projects coming soon!).

When I first seen the image, I immediately thought a distress ink background would look awesome behind was simply meant to be. 😂. I sized the image to fit inside the largest Outside-In square stackable from Lawn Fawn and printed four out onto one page of 110 lb. white card stock.

I separated the four images with my tonic trimmer, but decided to wait until the end to die cut them with the stitched square.

Before I started inking, I printed out the image again onto some 65 lb. card stock and cut it out. I added some drops of Tombow mono liquid glue to the back and set it aside to dry. Once it was dry, I lessened the stickiness by sticking it to my pants a couple times and then used it as a mask.

For the backgrounds I used 4 combinations of distress oxide inks and blending brushes. Oxide Combo 1: shades lilac, hickory smoke, black soot

Oxide combo 2: cracked pistachio, evergreen bough, black soot

Oxide combo 3: dusty concord, wilted violet, black soot

Oxide combo 4: pumice stone, hickory smoke, black soot

I colored the moon by smooshing some scattered straw distress oxide ink onto my glass mat and painting it on with a water brush. I added some extra texture using a tiny blending brush and ink straight from the ink pad.

I colored in the rest of the image using a combination of Copics, Blick studio brush markers, and spectrum noir alcohol markers.

Once the images were all colored I really liked it, but I thought some splatter would really make it nice. I laid the mask back over the image and used some Stampabilities white pigment ink and water for the white splatter. I also added some gold splatter with some watered down metallic gold acrylic paint.

I then took the four inked and colored panels and ran them through the diecut machine with the stitched square die.

I attached each of the panels to a slightly larger black card stock base with Tombow liquid glue.

I think this image is so cute and perfect for any Nightmare Before Christmas fan.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

-Jenni :)

10 views0 comments