• Jenni

Spooktacular Halloween


Card number two in my Halloween series features the cute little witch from My Favorite Things Witch way is the Candy? set. I had previously colored her during a Daily Marker 30 coloring challenge awhile ago. I thought now would be a good time to add her to a card.

I know I used Versafine black ink, Canson watercolor paper, and Zig real brush markers to color the images.

To complete the rest of the card I started by running some scrap cardstock through my Bigkick machine with a Darice embossing folder. I planned on blending a distress ink sky, so I took those scrap impressions and cut them out to use as masks.

Once I had them cut, I used Tombow Mono liquid glue on the back and set them aside to dry in order to make the masks stick.

Next, I took out some 110 lb. white cardstock, which I thought was Bristol, and lined it up with the masks in the embossing folder, and shut the folder. This kept the masks in the correct places while I went on to ink blend.

I used makeup brushes and distress oxide inks in the colors wild honey, ripe persimmon, fired brick, and dusty concord for the background. I also added some wilted violet and black soot around the edges for some additional contrast.

So because I accidentally grabbed the wrong cardstock, it took a lot more effort and ink to get a nice, smooth blend. It worked out ok, but the cardstock got really saturated with ink and just did not want to dry no matter how long I heated it with a heat tool.

However, once I finished inking, I wanted to add some additional elements to the sky to make it a little more spooky. I added some water drops with my distress sprayer, let them sit for a couple seconds, and the dabbed them up with some paper towel. Then I took some white pigment ink by Stampabilities and a really tiny blending brush to add some wispy clouds to the background. And finally, I sprayed the whole thing with some glimmer mist.

I cut down the background to 5.25"x4" and matted that onto an A2 sized black cardstock panel.

I attached the images using Tombow mono liquid glue and popped up the witch with some foam tape.

For the sentiment, I used "Have a spooktacular Halloween" from The Sassy Club's new Button Girl stamp set. I had originally planned on using "A Halloween Hello" from the MFT set, but it was a smidge too big for the space I wanted to put it.

I used Versamark ink on black cardstock with white detail embossing powder, melted it with my heat tool, and trimmed it down. After that, I added it to the card front and then added the whole panel to a black cardbase.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Wishing you a spooktacular day!

-Jenni :)

10 views0 comments