• Jenni

Valentine Gnomes

GNOMES!! I don't know when or if this trend will end, but gnomes will always be in my heart (and on my shelves)! :) So even though this Sugar Pea Designs set was made for Christmas, I turned these little cuties into Valentines.

I started by stamping out two of the gnome images from the stamp set, Gnome for Christmas, onto 80 lb. Neenah cardstock. I used Gina K. black amalgam ink and stamped the images a couple times to get a crisp image.

I also added a heart to the sitting gnome by masking off his hands and stamping the heart image from Lawn Fawn's Milk and Cookies stamp set.

I used mostly pink and red copic combinations to color in the gnomes. For highlights and touch ups, I used a Uniball white Signo gel pen. Once I finished coloring, I cut them out using my Scan 'N Cut.

From there, I flipped through the Vintage Valentine paper pad from The Paper Studio, to find the patterned papers that coordinated best with the images.

Once I had my patterned paper picked, I used Lawn Fawn's stitched rectangle stackables to cut out an A2 panel for the first card. I also cut out a black banner with Lawn Fawn's everyday sentiment banner dies. And for a final element, I used a scalloped stitched heart die from my stash to cut out a maroon colored heart.

Before gluing the card together, I used Lawn Fawn's Oh Gnome stamp set for the sentiment "there's GNOME one like you," and heat embossed it with white detail embossing powder.

I assembled and glued the card together and attached it to a 110 lb. white cardstock base.

For a final touch, I added some white liquid pearls to the card panel as well.

The second card was assembled pretty much the same, except I used Waffleflower's A2 layer dies in order to add a kraft cardstock layer under the patterned paper.

For the sentiment, I used the same Lawn Fawn set, but just trimmed it out instead of using a banner die.

Then I glued everything together with some Tombow mono liquid adhesive and added a bow to the top of the card using some dollar store jute twine.

For the final step, I added the main panel to another 110 lb. white card base.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

-Jenni :)

10 views0 comments