I took a watercolor class from Kristina Werner online in July of 2018 and decided to use some of my practice paintings on these Mother’s day cards.
Because of the size of the flowers, the card sizes are not in the typical A2 format. I didn’t want to cut off parts of the flowers, so they turned out quite large.
I started by cutting out the words “Mom” and “Grandma” from 110 lb. black cardstock with my Scan ‘N Cut in a scripty brush font.
Then I looked through my dies for some large shapes that would look nice cut out of vellum. I chose a large heart from Studio Katia and a stitched scalloped oval from Mama Elephant. I added an adhesive sheet to a sheet of vellum and cut out the heart and oval. I used the negative of the diecut vellum and cut down them down to the sizes of the card fronts.
I layered those onto a combination of black and pink cardstock and the very last step was adding black rhinestones and pearl embellishments.
I just love how these turned out.
Thanks for stopping by!