• Jenni

You're Sweet!


I recently discovered the Prima paper line Dulce and fell in love with it! The soft colors and carnival vibes inspired me to create this card.

It definitely took awhile to break into the gorgeous paper pad, but once I did, I knew the perfect stamps to use with it. Oddly enough, the latest Halloween stamps from Doodlebug's Candy Carnival worked perfectly with the fun fair theme.

To start, I stamped the cotton candy, cotton candy stand, the awning of the cotton candy stand, the caramel apple, and the popcorn images with Gina K. black amalgam ink, onto a piece of 80 lb. Neenah solar white card stock. Then, I colored them in using Copic markers that would coordinate with the paper pad.

I fussy cut all the images leaving a white border, except for the awning, which I cut against the black line. I used glue dots to attach the awning and give a teeny bit of dimension (AKA DIY Doodlepop!😄).

Once the images were complete, I moved on to the main front panel. I used my paper trimmer to cut down a piece of the patterned paper that looked like a jawbreaker, to 4.25"x5.5" size.

I looked through my scrap drawer for a piece of white glitter card stock. I happened to find a piece that was already cut, being the negative half of a Lawn Fawn stitched border from an earlier project, and trimmed that down to 5.5" as well.

After that, I decided I wanted to pop up the glitter card stock with some foam tape, but it seemed a little too plain. To change it up, I added some baker's twine, wrapping it around the card stock twice, and then tied a bow. Then I attached the foam tape and placed it at the top of the main panel.

I heat embossed the sentiment "You're sweet!" from the same stamp set, with white embossing powder onto a piece of light blue card stock. I used a Lawn Fawn Everyday Banner die to cut it out and attached it to the card front with foam tape as well.

I used some light pink streamers to create the crepe paper rosette and added the cotton candy images on top with some Tombow Mono liquid adhesive. Then I used the same glue to adhere the whole piece to the card front.

Once everything was attached, I added some sparkle to the images with a Wink of Stella brush pen and a few flat back faux crystals around the sentiment. With that, the front was done and I added it to an A2 110 lb. white card base.

And because I couldn't leave behind any of the Dulce paper, I used up the scraps and the rest of my colored images and added them to the inside of the card.

And now I'm really craving some cotton candy!! 😂

Thank you so much for stopping by!

-Jenni :)

4 views0 comments