Updated: Sep 24, 2019
Halloween creations are officially underway! 😃👻 This card was so fun to make, especially since the stamps weren't made as a specifically Halloween set. I was inspired to make this card as part of Hello Bluebird's Instagram challenge #hellobluebirdspookynight.
To start this card, I gathered all the Hello Bluebird stamps I have, which is very limited...so far! 😂 So with the Bee Happy and Typed Everyday Sentiments sets, I thought the only spooky twist I could put on it was a Zombee.
I stamped out the bees and the honey jar onto some 110 lb. Recollections card stock with Gina K's black amalgam ink. Before stamping, I wiped away a bit of the ink in a few places that way Zombify them later.
After stamping, I colored all the images with a mix of copic markers and Blick studio brush markers.
Once colored, I added in some tears and cracks to the little guys, as well as some creepy staring eyes using a micron pen and a white signo gel pen. Then I fussy cut the images and went around the edges with a Memento tuxedo black marker. I also cut off the antennas because they were too finicky to cut around, but I will add them back in later. Look how cute they are without them though...
On to the background, I used an A2 sized piece of bristol card stock and my distress inks. I basically use Kristina Werner's combinations as a reference almost every time I use my Distress Inks. This time I chose crushed olive, forest moss, and chipped sapphire.
I chose regular distress inks this time because I wanted a really vibrant background. I blended the ink with my Amazon makeup brushes and then used one of the sponge tools as well to apply a heavier amount of the chipped sapphire.
I used my distress sprayer to get some large drips across the background and then sprayed it again for some smaller spots.
For the sentiment, I used Charlie's Alpha die set and cut out the word ZOMBEE from white 110 lb. card stock. Using the smaller makeup brushes and the same colors as the background, I inked up the letters. I added some black soot to the bottoms and used the bristles of the brush to lightly dab on some speckles as well.
The rest of the sentiment is made up of the "sending hugs" phrase from the Everyday Typed Sentiments set. I heat embossed it onto some 110 lb. black card stock with white detail embossing powder. Then I trimmed it down pretty tiny and cut the words apart.
With the Spooky Scene die, I cut out the last pieces of the card from 110 lb. black card stock.
Before assembling the whole thing, I took some twisted citron and crushed olive distress oxides to add a creepy glow to the edges of the trees and ground in the scene.
I then started to put the card together by popping up the out frame onto the distressed background using foam tape. then I added in all the other pieces using a Zig glue pen. The final bee was also popped up on some foam tape.
Once together, I added the whole panel to a white 110 lb. A2 sized card base.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
And bee-ware of Zombees!